Try these all-natural nutrient dense recipes that are specifically made to enhance your immune system straight from the kitchen thanks to the antioxidant, antibacterial, antiviral and Vitamin C rich ingredients.
Turmeric Immunity Shot
Makes 3 servings
This turmeric shot contains all the anti-inflammatory viral and bacterial busting ingredients to help your immunity fight back when you start feeling an infection taking hold. Take it 2-3 times a day with or in between meals.
- Freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 apple, sliced into quarters and deseeded
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 generous pinch cayenne pepper
- 2-inch knob fresh turmeric
- 2-inch knob fresh ginger
- Run all the ingredients (except the orange, honey and cayenne pepper) through a juicer.
- Pour the juice into a bottle and thoroughly mix in the honey, cayenne pepper and orange juice.
- Pour into a shot glass for each serving.
Makes 1 serving
This smoothie acts as the perfect cold-prevention thanks to all the nutrient-dense fresh fruits. Paired with a quality yogurt, you get all the immune boosting benefits of probiotics and Vitamin C. This smoothie is best enjoyed during cold season or when you just want to up your body’s defenses amidst a rise in illnesses.
- Freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 4 oz. pack of yogurt, plain or flavored. We recommend a peach flavor.
- 1 cup fresh/frozen strawberries
- 1 cup fresh/frozen raspberries
- ½ cup fresh/frozen pineapple
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blitz until smooth. You can add more orange juice till you reach your desired consistency.
Makes 1 Serving
This easy recipe may be minimal with its classic cold-fighting ingredients, but it does the trick for helping to detox a body getting bogged down with germs while providing a good immunity boost. You can take it cold, warm, or hot and drink ideally first thing in the morning.
- 1 glass of water
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Stir together all the ingredients and pour into your favorite mug.
Roasted Vegetable Soup
Makes 4 servings
This roasted vegetable soup is as versatile as it is healthy. You can essentially toss in any combination of vegetables, herbs and spices here. The idea is to get in at least 4 servings of different vegetables and warming spices to nourish a dampened immune system.
- 2 medium red bell peppers, chopped and deseeded
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium potato, chopped (skin on/off is optional)
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
*Tip: Chop your vegetables in fairly equal sizes so that they cook evenly
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Greek yogurt to garnish
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees, Celsius.
- Season your chopped vegetables with salt, pepper, cumin and smoked paprika.
- Mix the vegetables in olive oil and add to a roasting tray.
- Pop the vegetables in the oven and let them bake for 20-30 minutes, or until all the vegetables are cooked.
- Add the roasted vegetables to a blender (allow to cool) and add chicken stock and coconut milk.
- Blitz until you reach your desired consistency.
- Pour the soup into a pot and gently bring to a simmer.
- Pour the soup into a bowl and garnish with a generous dollop of Greek yogurt and a drizzle of olive oil.
When it comes to boosting your immunity with food, prevention is always better than cure. Try incorporate these immune-boosting recipes into your arsenal of go-to meals and drinks even on days where you feel healthy. They’re easy and the recipes are flexible enough to be altered to your preferred taste and quantities.